Monday, 28 November 2011

Back to Blogging!

I haven’t blogged for a while, and I feel as if I’m a little out of the habit! I keep getting ideas of topics to write about but by the time my little one has gone to bed around 8pm I’m absolutely shattered and usually still have some work to do for the website. I’ve never really been much of an evening person I’ve always preferred to get up really early and get stuck in to whatever needed doing. Unfortunately getting up before the little one wakes is practically impossible these days. He must take after me with his early starts.


I don’t really think my brain really works after 9pm, but I will be making more of an effort to blog!

Anyway there’s been lots going on since the launch of www.morethanmummies.com and I’m aiming to update the blog a couple of times a week. – Might be a little ambitious but we’ll see! It will probably be a little different to before as in its early days the blog was more of a mini site for More Than Mummies while the website was being developed. Now it’ll be more of a personal blog whilst also giving some behind the scenes info about the website and any More Than Mummies news.

I’ve been so pleased with the response we’ve had to the website, we’ve already had over 10,000 visitors and the number per month has been increasing. Also we now have over 400 businesses in our directory which is really amazing. I’ve also got to collaborate with some lovely people in running competitions on the site, but my favourite part of the website has to be the articles!

The quantity and quality of articles that have been submitted has been fantastic, and I love it when I receive new ones. I find them inspiring and entertaining! I use them as a resource, for example when I’m feeling a bit down or my motivation is flagging a little I’ll read More Than A Mummy… or Saffron Crafts – Created by a mum with a dream to start her own business . I’m always inspired by stories of other’s brave decision to start their own business as I know firsthand how daunting that can be.

I also love that we’ve now got a recipe and a couple of tutorials on the site! I’ve not yet had a go at the tutorials on the site as I can’t even sew on a button! I once attempted to use a sewing machine at school to make a t-shirt and somehow ended up sewing the end of the sleeve to not only the t-shirt neck, but also the foot of the sewing machine.

The articles by Tanya from Wiggle Waggle have also got me motivated to get off my (steadily increasing!) bottom and do a bit more exercise! Not that there’s that much time at the moment but I’ve decided that I need to get healthy and have joined the gym! I will write about my experiences soon.

Jill. x


2 comments:

Jodi @ Lipgloss Mumma said...

Hi Jill, I have a little notepad that I carry with me, or leave somewhere accessible around the house and when I have a blog idea I jot it down, that way when I do get time to actually sit down and blog my idea hasn't been lost in the depths of my brain!


jodi@lipgloss mumma

Jill said...

Thanks Jodi, That's a brilliant idea, I've never had the best memory so I think that's something I will definitely try!

Jill x

Post a Comment